“Being Proactive is about Taking Responsibility for your Life”. Stephen Covey
Dealing with commercial refrigeration can be a blessing and a curse. A Blessing in that your food and/or product is being safely stored for freshness and that when served or sold, your Reputation is at stake and so is it when at 3 am on a Sunday morning the compressor fails and without warning, your food in the box is non-usable.
This is where we tell our potential clients that the Rubber meets the road so to speak.
Reactive means you are reacting to problems or situations as they arise. I call it putting out fires! Sometimes you must go into reactive mode, but it is not where you want to stay all the time. It will cost some serious money for equipment but more importantly personnel time.
Proactive means you look and see what problems can be eliminated before they happen and what strategies can be put in place ahead of time. ArtikControl™ Technologies provides real time graphs and predictive analysis so that you know when a system is starting to go bad to prepare and obtain more competitive pricing then if you are reacting.
Working in reactive mode can be draining to not only yourself, but also your team. When you think about being reactive, what images come to mind? Stressful situations, overwhelmed, steam coming out of your ears! To us in the Refrigeration industry, everything happens on a weekend and in the wee hours to boot. How much will it cost you to bring personnel in to move food from a Refrigeration System?
Now, alternatively, what images do you think of when you think of proactive? Calm, happy, at ease, grace under stress. If something does come up that requires you to be reactive, you can handle it! You got this! By having an Interactive Dashboard and Monitoring system, you and your personnel will know when the refrigerant is running low and/or when a compressor is starting to have issues.
Reactive vs. proactive can take many forms. It could be how you respond to stimuli in your life. It could be how you approach your business and workstyle.
In the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, being proactive is Habit Number 1! He says, “Between the stimulus and response is your greatest power – you have the freedom to choose your response.”
Proactive people take control. They are always looking to the future and moving forward. They make things happen. Refrigeration Technologies’ Engineers take great heart in ensuring that our Clients can anticipate when and/or if there will be a problem with the Technologies that we develop.
Here are 5 tips on being proactive:
- Plan. Have a No Obligation Energy Assessment completed by a Refrigeration Technologies Engineer or one of our Authorized Dealers/Installers. Knowing what you have and what your commercial refrigeration systems looks like is extremely important. The Assessment will help to identify any existing problems that may exist. While most of us have good intentions, sometimes we think we have more time than we do. We wait too long before we start planning and then we are rushed and cannot properly think through everything. Do not wait until the last minute to start planning it.
- Create processes and procedures. By creating these, you and your team know what and how things happen. By installing the ArtikControl™ system you are not only getting monitoring but also the predictive analysis and proactive solutions but also real time temperatures; Interactive Dashboard use and energy savings to help the system pay for itself. There is no guessing when the technology is installed. We tell our Client’s that we provide a Personal Assistant to help insure no loss of product, freshness and ultimately Peace of Mind in knowing that your system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Hire the right team members. It is impossible for one person to be able to do it all. Make sure you hire the right people to who can not only support you with tasks, but also help be your brain and help think through and plan out possibilities. That is why by installing the ArtikControl™ Technologies for your commercial refrigeration systems, you are getting “Arti” your Personal Assistant who will monitor and take over the stress of your commercial refrigeration system. To allow you to do other things.
- Have regular meetings. It is important to communicate and have regular meetings with your team members. This ensures everyone is on the same page and knows what is happening. “Arti” and our Engineers will be sharing information and data that is critical to your operations. You will receive a CSV report every two weeks per location of the temperature readings so that at the end of the 30 days, you have fulfilled your HACCP Reporting!! Gone are the days of the stubby pencil and manual reports. How much time did that cost your personnel?
- Anticipate problems and challenges. You know Murphy’s Law…anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Think about what could possibly go wrong and then take it a step further and figure out how to prevent it. ArtikControl™ is a proactive Tool in your Toolbelt when it comes to predictive analysis of your Commercial Refrigeration Systems.
Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to power failures and food loss. With Refrigeration Technologies’ “smart” food refrigeration, you’ll never have to worry about walking into the kitchen only to discover a freezer of unusable food.
Our ArtikControl™ system is constantly monitored online and sends out text and email alerts when possible problems arise so that any failure is discovered and addressed as quickly as possible. In fact, our technology functions like a personal assistant for food freshness! We monitor your systems 24/7 so that you don’t have to worry.
For more information about ArtikControl™ and how we can keep your kitchen safe and your energy bill down, reach out to us for an energy assessment today! Give us a call at 888.286.3091 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Zoom meeting.