The Anti-Condensate Heater Lines are present in every reach-in glass display door and run in the frame of the reach-in cases. The heater lines are on 24 hours a day to prevent condensation forming on the outside of the glass. A considerable amount of businesses are not even aware that these are present and constantly running, being one of the largest energy consumption items in their operation.
In some areas of the country, such as Arizona, where the climate is dry, there is no reason for the Anti-Condensate Heater lines to be running 24 hours a day. In other areas where the climate is humid, the Anti-Sweat lines need to be on for longer periods of time, but still can be cycled on and off to reduce overall runtimes.
So, what does this really mean to my bottom line?
Reach-in Cooler Case Example:
- Each cooler’s glass door heater strip will use an average of 626 KWH per year
- In dollars and cents, using the national average of 0.10 cents per KWH, this would equate to about $63 per door / per year
- Most convenience stores average around 15 doors per store, which equates to about 9390 KWH used and a cost of about $1000 per year
Reach-in Freezer Case Example:
- Each freezer’s glass door heater strip will use an average of 940 KWH per year
- In dollars and cents, using the national average of 0.10 cents per KWH, this would equate to $94/ door per year
- Most supermarkets average around 50 doors per store, which equates to about 47000 KWH used and a cost of about $4700 per year
How can I reduce the operating costs of Anti-Condensate Heater Lines to save money for my business?
- Refrigeration Technologies LLC manufactures and distributes the ArtikControl™ ACHC Technology – Anti-Condensate Heater Controller that when installed, can turn the Anti-Condensate Heater Lines on ONLY when moisture is sensed in the glass and/or condensation is forming along the frames.
- The moisture sensors are strategically placed to ensure that the doors never sweat, or Sensors can be placed on every case allowing the controller to be case-specific
- The ArtikControl™ ACHC The Anti-Condensate controller has a built-in cycle that turns the Anti-Condensate Heater on occasionally to ensure that no moisture builds up on the inside of the frame. Thousands of dollars and KWH can be saved by installing the Refrigeration Technologies’ ArtikControl™ ACHC Technology
For More Information or to obtain a No-Obligation Energy Assessment of your Display Doors, Call us at 888-286-3091!!