We’ve been talking for awhile about the benefits of switching out shaded pole motors in walk-in coolers in favor of more energy-efficient EC Motors and Motor Controllers. They are up to 80% more energy efficient than shaded pole motors, to name just one benefit. EC Motors are so beneficial, it seems, that federal regulations are beginning to demand their use in several states, including California. Sooner or later, you might have to take the plunge, too. Until then, we thought we’d give you six compelling reasons why you should make the switch NOW to EC Motors and Motor Controllers and not wait until you’re forced to.
- Energy Efficiency: This point can’t be stressed enough. EC Motors are up to 80% more energy efficient than shaded pole motors. That’s because EC Motors slow the fans down when the compressor is off, instead of fans running at full blast 24/7. Energy consumed by the fans is dramatically reduced, amounting to significant energy and money savings.
- Long Life, Lower Maintenance: A typical shaded pole motor has a 5-7 year life span and an annual operating cost of $154 per fan. EC Motors have more than double the life span (15 years) and half the operating cost ($50 per fan). This makes them virtually maintenance-free, allowing you to spend more time on other important aspects of your business.
- Short ROI: This is especially important to the bean counters and number crunchers within your business. You can’t talk about an investment—no matter what form it takes—without talking about its return, or ROI. A lot of energy upgrades are known for long ROIs—10, 15 years in some cases. No wonder a lot of business owners are hesitant to pull the trigger on things such as geothermal systems or solar panels. EC Motors for your walk-in coolers have an average ROI of 24 months. Now pair your new EC Motors with a ArtikControl™ EC Motor Controller, and you could shorten that by a few more months.
- Easy to Install, A Cinch to Replace: EC Motors generally have a standard size, mounting and accessories for easy install or replacement of shaded pole motors. It’s something your HVAC contractor should be able to do for you in a few hours. Or, if you prefer, we can install the equipment for you. Just contact us.
- Less Heat, Less Noise: Energy produces heat. Even inside a refrigerated space, stand close enough to an evaporator box or put your hand on it and you’ll feel heat. By operating the fans at a low speed when no refrigerant is called for, and at high speed only when the system is actively cooling the refrigeration system, an ArtikControl™ – EC Motor Controller uses less energy and thus creates much less heat. That means the system isn’t running at full speed 24/7, reducing energy, reducing heat, and reducing noise. We’ve had people tell us that on low speed they couldn’t even tell the system was on because it was so quiet!
Switching out your shaded pole motors for EC Motors just makes common sense. We hope you’ll take the plunge sooner rather than later because of all the benefits it means for your business. Contact us TODAY at 888-286-3091 to schedule a No-Obligation, No Nonsense, Site Assessment to see what you could saving by installing EC Motors in your refrigerated space.